Launched in 1995, World Cellular Information Service (WCIS) has become the mobile market data benchmark for service providers and vendors across the globe. It provides historical and five-year forecast data for subscriptions, market share, and penetration for every operator, every network and every country market.
Further datasets provide detailed insight into operator and network KPIs, licenses and spectrum auctions, ownership and investments, and handsets. With data sourced from network owners, or modelled by our in-house forecasting and analyst teams, it delivers the most comprehensive view of the market through an advanced online interface. The tool enables players to size and segment their markets, identify trends, understand market behaviour, and act on competitive threats.
Use WCIS to:
- Understand the size and rate of growth of every country market, technology, operator, and network.
- Assess the performance of networks, operators, and payment models to evaluate the health of each player and the tactics to succeed in each market.
- Identify which operators have acquired which licenses in each country market, including the spectrum and price paid.
- Assess service provider reach, scale, growth, and strategy across their global network portfolio.
- Identify the range of devices applicable to each network type and their specifications and features.