skip to main content
Close Icon We use cookies to improve your website experience.  To learn about our use of cookies and how you can manage your cookie settings, please see our Cookie Policy.  By continuing to use the website, you consent to our use of cookies.
Global Search Configuration

Introduction

ICT budgets are gradually pivoting away from the traditional CIO/IT toward line-of-business unit leaders in the region, namely marketing and especially chief marketing officers, who are now catching up with their peers in other regions. The CMO is taking a greater leadership role in ICT buying and digital transformation.

Highlights

  • Ovum estimates that 7–10% of ICT budgets sits with CMOs in Asia-Pacific in 2016 and expects this proportion to rise to close to 20% in the next 24 months. In total, Ovum estimates that close to 30% of the ICT budget now sits outside the CIO office in 2016 in the region.
  • Across the region, enterprises in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Hong Kong lead in terms of CMOs having a larger proportion than average. Enterprises in these countries are also ahead of the digital curve.
  • Enterprises in more traditional markets such as Korea, Taiwan, and Vietnam have a more centralized ICT procurement process, with CMOs being influencers rather than actual budget holders. The migration here away from CIO/IT will be more gradual, although the CMO plays a critical role in driving spending.

Features and Benefits

  • Evaluates the top priorities of CMOs in the Asia-Pacific region.
  • Explains how service providers should engage with CMOs in the region.

Key questions answered

  • What are the top technologies in demand by CMOs in the Asia-Pacific region?
  • What are the top KPIs of CMOs in the Asia-Pacific region?

Table of contents

Summary

  • In brief
  • Ovum view

The impact on service providers and vendors

  • Recommendations

Appendix

  • Methodology
  • Further reading
  • Author

Recommended Articles

  • Service Provider Markets, Consumer & Entertainment Services,...

    MWC 2018 Highlights

    By Ronan De Renesse 27 Feb 2018

    Over 20 of our senior Ovum analysts and consultants attended this year’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona at the end of February. In between meetings, briefings and presentations, our analyst team were blogging and tweeting about key developments, trends and rumors. Have a look through our daily MWC 2018 Highlights to find out what happened.

    Topics 5G AI IoT Cloud Payments SDN/NFV Smart home

  • Internet of Things

    IoT Viewpoints 2018

    IoT Viewpoints explore the IoT opportunity in 2018 and beyond. Download our latest e-book to get our newest collection of thought leadership articles on the emerging IoT trends, technologies and opportunities.

    Topics IoT

  • Consumer & Entertainment Services

    US pay TV: Is it facing an existential threat?

    By Adam Thomas 28 Mar 2018

    With US pay TV having endured the worst year in its history, thoughts have inevitably turned to the future. The likelihood remains that the immediate future will remain highly uncomfortable for everyone except the scaled multinational digital platforms.

;

Have any questions? Speak to a Specialist

Europe, Middle East & Africa team - +44 (0) 207 017 7700


Asia-Pacific team - +61 (0)3 960 16700

US team - +1 646 957 8878

Email us at ClientServices@ovum.com

You can also contact your named/allocated Client Services Executive using their direct dial.
PR enquiries - Call us at +44 788 597 5160 or email us at pr@ovum.com

Contact marketing - 
marketingdepartment@ovum.com

Already an Ovum client? Login to the Knowledge Center now