skip to main content
Close Icon We use cookies to improve your website experience.  To learn about our use of cookies and how you can manage your cookie settings, please see our Cookie Policy.  By continuing to use the website, you consent to our use of cookies.
Global Search Configuration

Introduction

This report helps regional operators understand market activities in the Gulf area over the past year. The report captures market activities based on a thorough scanning exercise and classifies them into components derived from topics that telcos have identified as important.

Highlights

  • The majority of the tracked developments (62%) were propositions that were not tied to a time limit, while the remaining 38% had validity time limits ranging from one day to three months.
  • Generic propositions targeted at existing postpaid and postpaid subscribers dominated the scene, with 90 propositions (38% of the total). Many of these propositions were data-centric, offering subscribers either more data or data-based VAS services such as MBB gifting.
  • Promotions related to devices, digital media & applications, and IDD/roaming followed, at 10% each. Many popular devices from Apple, Samsung, and other Android manufacturers were the subject of promotions, usually paired with a commitment to a postpaid tariff.

Features and Benefits

  • Helps regional operators understand market activities in the Gulf area in the past year. Captures market activities based on a thorough scanning exercise and classifies them into components derived from topics that telcos have identified as important
  • Aids in understanding and/or classifying marketing activities and provides a good benchmark for markets with comparable characteristics.

Key questions answered

  • What are GCC operators focusing on?
  • What were the key consumer products and services for 2016?

Table of contents

Summary

  • Introduction
  • Download 1: Key Trends in Selected B2C Gulf Markets, 2016

Recommended Articles

;

Have any questions? Speak to a Specialist

Europe, Middle East & Africa team: +44 7771 980316


Asia-Pacific team: +61 (0)3 960 16700

US team: +1 212-652-5335

Email us at ClientServices@ovum.com

You can also contact your named/allocated Client Services Executive using their direct dial.
PR enquiries - Email us at pr@ovum.com

Contact marketing - 
marketingdepartment@ovum.com

Already an Ovum client? Login to the Knowledge Center now