Tuesday 28 Feb 12:15 - 13:15
The Future of Messaging: Engagement, eCommerce and Bots
Hall 4, Auditorium 2
Messaging apps have over 4 billion monthly active users. With more monthly active users on messaging apps than on social media apps, messaging is poised to become the new foundation for building platforms and ecosystems. Today Telegram, Whatsapp, Messenger, Line, Kik, and Google are adding new features to their messaging apps, enabling conversational commerce and/or ecommerce via messaging apps. Messaging apps are now including corporate/brand accounts, advertising, browsers, chatbots and payments. The messaging platform wars have only just begun. All messaging apps are actively executing their strategy to create a new platform for ecommerce and for monetisation of their user base. Companies and brands are looking at messaging platforms as their primary engagement platform for their now 24/7 customer relationships. Customer service and commerce via messaging apps creates a unique opportunity to simplify how businesses and consumers interact.
• Moderator: Pamela Clark-Dickson, Lead Analyst, Communications & Social, Consumer Services, Ovum
• Aseem Chandra, Vice President, Adobe Experience Manager & Adobe Target, Adobe
• Beerud Sheth, CEO, GupShup
• Harper Reed, Next-Gen Commerce, PayPal
• Mitali Dhar, Director, Global Product Partnerships, Google
• Ryan Sullivan VP, Product Development, Sprint
To find out more about what we're doing at MWC click here.
Pamela specializes in
+ 21 years experience